Halloween:
I didn't wear a costume, but I did wear an orange turtleneck. Most other students weren't wearing costumes, but one guy (whose persona radiates a future in higher ed) had a great idea for a costume: He wore some sort of hat/headband that had a piece of mistletoe attached to it. I asked him today how many kisses he received. His response: "Oh, a lot! Some from girls I didn't even know!" :-)
Yesterday:
After an exam in one of my performance-related classes, a classmate saw me in the hallway.
"Estrella, you kicked @ss today!" He said enthusiastically.
"Thanks," I said, taken aback and amused.
"Yeah, that was some major @ss-kickin'!" He repeated excitedly as he continued down the hallway. The randomness (and the kindness of it) made me smile. :-)
Also, yesterday was Blue's birthday. I found labels in my desk, and I made him a silly colorful sticker to wear which read, "Today is my birthday!" He groaned slightly when I asked him to wear it, but he dutifully wore it all day. I think he was secretly pleased with the attention it brought him.
The other members of our secret society (our bonding group of GAs) had a surprise get-together last night for Blue with cake and wine for all. Fun times! Oh, and an additional note: no more crushing on CuteBrassPlayer (too young for me, I think) ... and I'm now interested in one of the other members of our secret society. I enjoyed hanging out/talking with him outside the class setting!
And now? I think I need a nap. Busy weekend- 3 recitals to attend!
Friday, November 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment