Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Results of the Skirt

Skirt-wearing yielded:
1) Snow. It didn't stick, but there were definitely tiny wisps of snowflakes floating from above. It was cold outside ... possibly too cold to wear a skirt.

2) Walking to the class (in which NewCrush [NC] is classmate), it occurred to me that I might appear to have dressed up for the occasion. It was too late to change. I hoped for the best.

3) During class: positive body language from him ... some shared smiles ... (And - there was a slight flush on his face when we smiled at each other too ...)

4) Class got out early! Super early! After our professor announced that she'd shared the material she'd planned for the evening, I talked across NC's desk to one of my partners in crime and suggested we all go out for dessert to celebrate getting out of class early. NC said he'd go, but PiC said he had other things to work on. I didn't get the chance to mention the outing to our other partners in crime ... so conveniently, it ended up being just NC and me.

5) NC and I went out and had a great conversation over coffee. (!) I really can't attribute this to wearing a skirt ... but ... I'm sure that my looking great didn't hurt either. :-)

When we parted, we both said we'd enjoyed having this chance to hang out. Then he said, "See ya next week!" *sigh* His body language and our conversation led me to believe he was interested (there was flirting on both sides) ... but if he were really interested, wouldn't he have hinted at getting together another time (and not just seeing each other in class)?

*sigh* I don't understand boys. Still ... I am quite pleased by the unexpected turn of events this evening.

No comments: