Monday, November 19, 2007

Almost Winter

Yesterday morning, I was running late for church. I finally gathered all the things I needed to take with me and flung open the door! As I took a step outside, I held my breath and looked around me. There was a gentle blanket of white over everything. So. Pretty.

Immediately, my stress over leaving late melted away. I put my belongings in my car, brushed off the snow, and easily started on my way. As I drove, I couldn't help but spontaneously sing.

"Sleighbells ring, are you listenin' ..."

I didn't even know what lyrics I was singing at first; I recognized them as being from a Christmastime song. As I reached the refrain, I finally realized what I was singing ..."Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland." I continued serenading myself as I drove past the glistening trees and the frosted landscape. Gorgeous.

No comments: