Monday, November 12, 2007

Insight into academia

A few weeks ago, I was asked by a colleague of Mentor's if I'd be willing to take on some extra work. The "project" required me to use my technological skills to enhance some graphics for the colleague's book manuscript.

At first, he couldn't open my attachments of the graphics in their format; his email program simply displayed the graphics within the email instead of as separate attachments. I solved this by inserting the graphics into a Word document, and he has been quite pleased with the results. Although I've offered to find an alternative way for him to access the files so that he wouldn't have to go to the trouble of converting them back to the file type I'd created, he wrote back,

"I will cut-and-paste them tomorrow (the most important things to survive in academia we learned in Kindergarten!)"

No comments: