I've thought for awhile that perhaps I ought to explain the title of my blog.
It's not completely original.
It's actually adapted from the lyrics of a deeply beautiful choral piece, "Sing Me to Heaven." Some of the lyrics are here, in the form of a poster. The poster doesn't include the opening lines of the text, which I hope I don't violate copyright laws by posting [only an excerpt!] here:
In my heart's sequestered chambers lie truths stripped of poets' gloss,
words alone are vain and vacant, and my heart is mute.
In response to aching silence, memory summons half-heard voices,
and my soul finds primal eloquence and wraps me in song.
The composer, Daniel Gawthrop, wrote about the background of the piece here. I couldn't find a youtube clip that matched the quality of the recording I have, but the mp3 on the composer's own site, here, is absolutely lovely. If you have 3 minutes to listen, allow it to touch your heart, as it has touched the hearts of so many who have sung and listened to this piece.
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment