My two main partners in crime are both male, and I really don't have girlfriends here. I talk on the phone with BestFriend and my sister often, but it's not the same as getting together with female buddies to watch Grey's or to engage in silly girl talk.
Unfortunately for Blue and Green, this means that I have to talk to them about these silly girl things. They are up-to-date on my crushes and though they complain, they let me share my silly stories. In exchange, they tease me (sometimes relentlessly!) but it's always in good fun.
Yesterday, I asked Blue's opinion as to whether or not I should contact NewCrush.
"If you were NC," I asked, "what would you think if I sent a short & sweet email saying something like, 'Hey, I enjoyed chatting with you last night. Happy Thursday!'"
"Oh, that'd be fine. I bet he'd think it was nice."
"You don't think it'd make me look desperate or clingy or anything like that?" I inquired further.
"Nope. Go ahead and do it."
So I did. I think that if maybe I didn't signal my interest the previous evening, this would be a better indicator. I also figured that if he were truly interested, he'd respond. So I lamented to Blue and Green when he didn't. (He still hasn't.)
In exchange for my crushtalk, they proposed:
"Estrella, you should try to find an old guy. One with lots of money. Then you'll get to travel and have fun and you'll be free to find someone else in just a few years!" They went on this tangent for awhile.
"What, you want me to go visit a nursing home and pick up guys?" I responded sarcastically.
"They'll chase you, there's no doubt about it. They might be a bit slower though," Green added. Then he did an impression of an old man trying to hobble along after me in a walker, calling after me in a faltering voice, "Estrella! Come here, you sweet young thing!"
Girl talk with boys? Definitely different ... and amusing ... and surprisingly, almost as effective as talking with female friends. :-)
Friday, November 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment