Ever since we were in high school, my younger sister and I have revised each other's papers. Sometimes we'd ask our dad for assistance because he has excellent writing skills, but we tended to gravitate to each other for feedback. (We appreciated our dad's help, but ... quick questions often turned into long discussions and it would take us longer to finish our assignments.)
She and I talked on the phone today, and she shared some exciting news with me about her future career prospects. I'm so proud of her. As we've grown up, I think it has been difficult for her to see me excel in one concentrated area (music) while her many talents and successes (spread wider over many areas) made her career path less limited. Instead of feeling freer due to fewer limitations, she felt overwhelmed by the myriad opportunities ahead of her. Now, she is finally finding her niche ... and she's taking off!!! I'm so happy for her!
After she gushed about her new opportunities, she asked what I'd be doing tonight. When I told her I'd be hanging out with some friends for a few hours before going to bed, she asked if I might also have time to look over an essay of hers. (Done!) I think I should start my next writing assignment for my research class and ask her to return the favor. :-)
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment