Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blessings

Weather is warmer than what was predicted. I do believe I'll survive this winter after all. (I had my doubts before coming here; I swore after AlmaMater that I'd never live further north of CoolCity ... and ... where I am now is, of course, further north.)

I have one private student (teensy bit of supplementary income) and I adore her. While I'm shocked occasionally in lessons when I find out what she isn't learning in her school music program, she's very good-natured and excited about what she's learning with me. I delight in working with her to develop her musical skills!

I'm blessed by my being here at GradSchool. Lately, I've been thinking I'd probably appreciate this opportunity more if I had already been out in the field, but I'm still grateful that I'm working with Mentor now.

And .... I'm off! I've got a hot date with Palestrina (yes, the composer, not a pseudonym for the blog)!
~*~*~*~*~

UPDATED (10:13pm)
Another blessing arrived this evening in the form of a yummy cinnamon bun with creamy frosting! The girls across the hallway (one is a music major, and the other is a former music music major) just made them ... and they knocked on my door to offering one to me before trekking down the hallway to deliver one to my partners in crime. Very sweet of them! And now ... back to my date with Mendelssohn ... harmonic analysis of the score!

No comments: