My mother made my favorite pancakes for breakfast! Only a few more days to be spoiled at home ...
At church this morning, the pastor spoke on the story of the Prodigal Son, but he focused on the older brother. Whenever I've read the passage before, I could understand why the dutiful brother felt that the celebration for his brother was unfair. Today's sermon gave me a new (and I believe, much more accurate) perspective on the story.
More de-decorating. The live poinsettias are the only remaining remnants of Christmas.
I drove to the mall for the first time this break because I had hoped to get there before I return to GradSchool. I don't even know where the nearest mall to GradSchool is located and I had Borders coupons to use! I got a book recommended by a friend ... and I stopped by a clothing store. Unexpected sales + ongoing need to boost my teacher/GA wardrobe yielded several nice tops. And a pair of jeans (which aren't for teaching). Earlier this break, my sister had told me I had to get a new pair of jeans. I'm down to my last two pairs of jeans (both acquired at least 4 years ago), and one of them will have to be banned to around-the-house-wear-only soon as it's developing a hole.
This evening was probably my musical highlight of the holiday break. I attended 30+ minutes of a professional male choir's concert. *sigh* Gorgeous voices. Some of the younger group members were handsome too. :-) I would have stayed longer (networking opportunities in addition to the chance to chat with cute guys! Cute guys who sing!), but I'd already committed to going to another choir concert. I did enjoy that one too ... and I caught up with some contacts in the area regarding my job search ... Aack! Where will I be getting a job after graduation?!
Now at home, savoring family time. A pleasant day!
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment