Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Inspired by others' success

At one of my early long-term paying gigs, I worked with a colleague who is extremely musically gifted. After learning of a CD release of his music (which I bought), I signed up for his mailing list. At the moment, I'm on Amazon.com listening to excerpts from his most recent CD. Wow. (I just ordered it.) He's about 3 years older than I am, and he has accomplished so much in his life already.

Another colleague of mine just ended a run in an Off-Broadway production.

Another friend/colleague was nominated for a Grammy a few years ago.

Who knows what God has in store for my future? I made a demo CD in high school, and I did perform in an Off-Broadway theatre several years ago, in association with a theatre workshop I attended. I don't expect that I'll be nominated for a Grammy, but I imagine, based on what I've already done, that I have yet to realize the potential of God's plan for my life.

What can I do to realize that? First, I need to get ready, go to rehearsal, prepare like crazy, and really earn this degree for which I am working!

No comments: