Home again. Flight to BestFriend's home state and back were pleasantly uneventful. (BF & BFHusband had horror stories about their attempts to get there last week!)
It was soooo wonderful to have that brief visit with BestFriend, her husband & other mutual friends! We did get in some special BF-Estrella GirlTime and some belated BF birthday celebrations ... and the party was fantastic! (Our first guest arrived at 7:15pm and our last left at 4:15 this morning!) We played board games and card games, we had great conversations and debates, and we caught up on each other's lives. All of the other guests were BF's high school friends and BFHusband's college friends. Thanks to their wedding this past summer, I knew most of the people there and felt extremely comfortable hanging out with everyone. :-)
BestFriend & I both napped for an hour before finishing party preparations, but we didn't bother going to sleep this morning before leaving for the airport at 5am! Although my flight was 4 hours later than BF & BFHusband's, we carpooled to the airport together so that BF's family wouldn't have to make more than one trip. So ... I've slept a total of 1.5+ hours (in 2 naps- one yesterday and one on the plane!) since 9:15am yesterday morning. My goal is to make it to 9ish this evening so that I can get into an earlier bedtime routine before I return for the second half of my grad program!
I still can't believe it's really the new year. 2007 was an incredible year! Really wonderful. I hope 2008 will be just as fun and special to remember. :-) Perhaps when I'm more rested (which I hope will include greater mental clarity), I'll write something more creative ... reflections on 2007 and goals for 2008 ... or maybe not. :-) Must go do something else before I fall asleep at the computer. Happy New Year to you!
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment