After spending a lovely Saturday afternoon out on the town, my relatives and I returned home to relax. While my sister and I helped our aunt unpack the groceries, our uncle disappeared. We ladies made our way to the living room to talk before starting the dinner preparations. There, in his favorite armchair, Uncle had nodded off.
Our aunt (who is in her mid-80s) exclaimed, chuckling, "Look, he's showing his age!" (Her husband is a few years younger than she is.)
Sister and I exchanged amused glances and attempted to stifle our giggles while Aunt launched into another of the many wonderful tales we heard that weekend.
At one point, Uncle awoke with a start.
"Are you done with your nap, old man?" Aunt asked.
"Yes, yes," he said in his gentle voice which was softened by sleepiness.
"What woke you up?" she persisted.
"You did!" he retorted, in a mockingly defensive tone, with a smile.
Sister and I convulsed with silent giggles at their good-natured banter. :-) So cute.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment