Saturday, January 26, 2008

Random Bits of Fun

*One of the students is giving a recital this semester, and he asked if I would be willing to conduct a piece on the program. This made my day.

*Another student made a point to tell me she really appreciated and enjoyed my rehearsal technique

*I spent 5 hours on the phone last night ... and the same [guy] friend and I had spoken for over two hours on Wednesday night. We pulled a record last August of 6 or 7 hours. I normally do not like talking on the phone. Last night, I was really tired when he called and was planning to go to sleep soon ... but somehow, talking with him gave me a second, third, and fourth wind ... and I couldn't even fall asleep right away when we finished talking this morning.

*Shopping with the boys today was fun ... we went to the mall, walked along outside shops on charming little streets, got pizza, and went to the super awesome grocery store in another town. They also decided to start calling me "Mom," because I was driving them all around and teased them whenever they "misbehaved." It's especially amusing because I'm the youngest of all of us.

*Knock on the door! Boys are back from the gym ... and it's board game time!

No comments: