Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm reading random entries from the blog I kept during high school, and an entry from my junior year amused (and shocked) me:

Last chorus concert of the year ~ May 16th ~ played 9 songs, sang in 7 ... gave an attitude to a teacher backstage who told me to be quiet. ["Excuse me, but I'm playing for half this concert and singing in the other half. I'm just trying to figure out where we are in the program so that I can be prepared, so DON'T tell me to be quiet! Leave me alone!" *storms past* oops *grimace*] I later gave an abrupt apology.


Now, many years later, I vaguely recall this incident after reading this. This was quite out of character for me, the goody-two-shoes class secretary. Obviously, I was under a bit of stress.
To be added into my When I Teach, I Must Remember file:
1) Recruit teachers to help me backstage because I cannot be in 2 places at once.
2) Make sure my teacher helpers know who my student accompanists are so that they can help rather than shush them.
3) Tell my students in advance that teachers will be assisting backstage so that if they have questions, they are to direct those questions to the teachers and not other students.

No comments: