My favorite part of holiday break, aside from spending time with family and friends, is catching up on my reading! This past summer, I had vowed to re-read Harry Potter books #4-7 over Christmas ... but, alas, other books required my attention first!
Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë, has been my favorite novel for years ... but I had never had occasion to read Wuthering Heights by Charlotte's sister, Emily. I finally got around to reading it this break. Glad I can now say that I've read it, even though I didn't enjoy it. When I was in the middle of that book, I re-read my favorite novel (The Blue Castle) and began reading Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray. I haven't touched it since my flight home after New Year's festivities, but I hope to finish it this week. Another must-read-during-my-life book.
The fun book I started (and finished!) today was recommended to me by a friend who has also fallen in love with Austen's novels. Mr. Darcy's Diary was an extremely satisfying read. :-)
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment