Friday, February 01, 2008

Baffling

Just one inch of snow on the ground. Doesn't seem icy. Not incredibly windy.

Classes cancelled anyway. :-)

~*~*~*~

UPDATED (40 minutes later):
And this is why the girl from the south ought not to have gone to a school in the north. It IS icy. I had no issues walking the few feet from my apartment to my car, but as I unsuccessfully tried to scrape the 1/2" thick ice off of my car while standing in the light sleet ... I finally understood why classes were cancelled. I'm not complaining about the free day off, but I wish I'd known about the storm yesterday so that I wouldn't have left all the work that I could do for next week at school. Because I don't have the means to do any of that work here, I think I will celebrate the free day by reading a book!!!

No comments: