Monday, June 09, 2008

Two Days...

...until I leave yet again!

I visited Westley and his family this weekend. There was a lovely spring which was illuminated at nighttime, a campfire on two nights, antique-shopping, lunch at a quirky and fun pub which Westley described as being for "intellectuals," icecream outside in the warm summer evening, dips in the jacuzzi, nice long drives in the countryside, church, and a brief shopping trip (I love our bookstore dates, even when we don't actually buy anything, because it's so wonderful to walk around and look at and talk about all sorts of fascinating books). Precious family time also included a yummy picnic dinner and time spent throwing frisbees, checking out tadpoles, and kicking around a soccer ball with the nephews.

Westley's mother told us that one of the nephews (age 4) said, "Estrella is cute!" And then, catching himself, he revised his remark, "I mean, Uncle Westley thinks Estrella is cute!"
~*~*~*~

Next up: a trip to a place where I haven't been for nearly 4 years, to celebrate a happy family occasion. Alas, I do not expect that I will take my laptop with me ... so ... if I can't think of anything to post in the next few days, this blog may not be updated for another week!

No comments: