Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Surprise opportunity

Last night (about 13 hours ago), I was called and asked if I'd be willing to interview THIS MORNING for a job about an hour away. I said, "Sure!" Gulp.

Right after I got the call, I had rehearsal for THREE HOURS, and then I had to fill out the formal application online. That was supposed to take 20 minutes, but it took TWO HOURS because the website wasn't functioning properly.

I finally got to bed just before 1am, and I woke up five minutes before my alarm was set to go off, shortly after 6am. As I'm finishing up my toast and tea, I'm trying to figure out what I've got to do to finish preparing. This job is not my ideal age level, and I haven't had time to think to think about all of the types of questions I will most likely be asked. It's quite different from how I would approach answering questions for a job at my ideal age level. (The subject matter, while still the same field, is quite different.) And I have TWO hours to get ready, find something to wear (I laid out a suit because it's been instilled in me that I must wear a suit to an interview, but, dude, it's gonna be a record high with lots of humidity today. Ugh), and go over possible questions before I have to drive the hour to get there. Lord, please be with me.

No comments: