I was under the impression that many music teachers get offered jobs in June, July, and August. It appears that I was wrong- more hiring takes place in late Spring. Most jobs are already filled now. I was late in submitting applications. I may have missed out on better opportunities because I was too focused on my recital, my oral exam, and my 17 graduate credits worth of courses.
I know I can't do anything about the past now, and I honestly don't know how I would have squeezed anything else into my limited down time (which was basically nonexistent). Still, I know part of me is continuing to grieve over lost opportunities because I simply didn't make time to focus on what was more important than I realized at the time.
The deadline for applications for the job I really want is today, so I'm really hoping that they'll call me for an interview. Soon.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment