*Sequel to Part 1!
After Saturday's heavy rain, BestFriend wanted to visit the beach again during low tide to look for more wonderful treasures. So ... on Sunday morning, we got up early, threw on old t-shirts and shorts, and drove to a smaller, closer shore.The area was not nearly as picturesque or grand as where we had visited on Friday, but it was still lovely to stand on the wet sand and let the delicously cool water wash over my feet in tiny waves. A lovely way to wake up.
From there, we spontaneously decided to go into the local bakery where we shared two muffins, BestFriend with her orange juice and me with a frozen mocha cappuccino (which I'd never had before, but figured BestFriend's visit was a good excuse to spoil myself).
After that tasty meal, we rushed home, got ready quickly, and went to church. I hadn't been to that church since I'd gotten home, because I had other obligations at my other church in the area. Enjoyed the service, the sermon, and seeing people afterwards. They also asked graduates to come forward for a blessing (which I had not expected), and that was very special too. (BestFriend came forward with me to lay her hand on my shoulder because I had no family present.)
After church, we came home and grabbed a snack before heading to StateCapital for more sightseeing. It turned out that there was a huge arts festival downtown, and we loved browsing through the various stalls of handmade purses, jewelry, glassware, scarves, clothing, soaps, and food samples. I got an adorable turquoise Asian-print tote which folded and zipped up into a pocket the size of an eyeglasses case for only $15! Awesome for traveling. We walked further downtown to the shops (tourist and otherwise), and I got an amazing outfit for 65% off the original price, even though it took me awhile to decide if I really wanted to pay $70 for both pieces (combined).
BestFriend spotted an ominous dark cloud above us, and sure enough, it rained quite heavily. Thankfully, the storm passed quickly and we were still able to explore the natural beauty around the town after the rain stopped. On our way back to the parking garage, we were lured into a whimsical yet sophisticated tea shop, and we both ended up buying tea. (I don't even have my own teapot yet, but I have this romantic fancy of cozying up with a book and a lovely cup of tea in my future apartment, wherever it may be. I imagine reality will actually involve me curling up with lesson plans and one of my many musical mugs.)
Speaking of dark, ominous clouds, the trees are swaying outside while thunder rumbles nearby. The storm hasn't hit yet, but I think it's probably better for me to turn off the computer
POSTED A FEW HOURS LATER because the power blinked right after I wrote the above sentence, shutting off the computer for me, and the storm came. (Thank goodness for the Autosave feature on Blogger!) More storms are expected ... so more descriptions of last weekend's festivities must be reserved for another time.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment