Thursday, June 26, 2008

Random bits of quirky information

*I somehow earned enough money from my various music-related jobs to merit a piece of the Economic Stimulus pie. It doesn't even cover the amount of money I've spent trying to get a job so far, but I am still grateful!

*I called my former landlord this morning because I moved out over 6 weeks ago and haven't heard anything regarding the refund of my security deposit. I probably should have called sooner, but I never remembered during office hours. Anyway, the guy was very pleasant and I trust him more than the previous landlord, who screwed me over in my roommate situation.

*I had the strangest dream this morning right before I woke up. In this dream, I was staying at someone's house in their little garage. I've never met the people in real life. Somehow, we came upon a baby girl (abandoned?), and I felt as though the others didn't treat her well. I decided that I was going to move out and take the little girl with me. (She didn't belong to the other people in the dream.) Then I started freaking out because I had never even changed a diaper before and I wouldn't know how to care for her.

*Things left to do today:
1) Call hotel in Interview Location for a room tonight.
2) Pack for interview.
3) Gather all items to pack for SummerJob1 (1 week of music, fun, and hot weather in a domestic location!)
4) Gather all items to pack for SummerJob2 (1.5 weeks of music, fun, and travel to an international destination)
5) Prepare for interview (check out posted curriculum online, review potential questions, compose questions for interview committee, practice my prepared solos)
6) Write my sister a note because she'll be leaving for her own job adventure, and I won't see her for another month.
7) Get ready, dressed, etc. and drive to Interview Location

1 comment:

post-doc said...

Good luck! I hope it goes amazingly well for you at your interview!