Thursday, June 12, 2008

Newcomer to trend & tangents

On the cross-country flight yesterday, I read part of a Thomas Hardy novel. I love his writing; it's so rich and full of imagery. However, I can't devour his novels as I might read Harry Potter or modern chick lit. I have to savor every piece bit by bit so that I don't miss anything.

So, while taking a break from Under the Greenwood Tree, I borrowed my brother's Sudoku book. (Aside: I can't ever remember how it's spelled - sudoku, soduko, sodoku; I always have to look it up.) I never liked this game before because I couldn't ever figure anything out ... but somehow, it began to click yesterday, and I passed most of the plane ride completing puzzles.

On another tangent, I woke up before 6am local time because my body didn't adjust, even though I went to bed around 11:30pm local time. Eh. Busy day/weekend seeing lots of family members who I haven't seen for a few years. I am excited about that.

No comments: