I re-learned an instrument last night so that I can play a song for Friday's interview. I had taken a class on this instrument about 4 years ago, and I remember I used to practice during the commercial breaks of American Idol. I don't believe I learned the scales, and I could not fluidly move between notes. Learning a complex instrument in a class of 30 people is not the ideal way to effectively progress.
I was amazed at how quickly it came to me when I tried to play again after all of these years. My brother, who took a course on this instrument this year, helped me position my fingers correctly on the instrument (which belongs to our sister who does not know how to play), and I was soon moving more rapidly than I ever did when initially learning it! I found a pretty little song which I decided to use for my prepared solo demonstration, and I'm pretty psyched about the whole process. In fact, even if I don't get the job (which would require me to teach this instrument), I might be inspired enough to really re-learn the instrument beyond what I've prepared for the song!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment