Snowstorm came our way yesterday, leaving half a dozen inches of white fluff. Mentor had asked if Blue and I would be willing to come in and help her calculate grades. Knowing that I am wary of driving in wintry conditions, she picked us up on the way to school. When we arrived, she received an email that had been sent out by the school as we were enroute to the campus stating that the campus would be shutting down for the day due to the weather. Well, it wasn't so bad, and we stayed anyway to assist her. We even got to crash the faculty luncheon- yay for tasty free food!
Last night's dress rehearsal was cancelled so I hung out with two of the other GAs. Claus invited Blue and me over for dinner, drinks and movies ("Elf" & "Polar Express"- the book is sooo much better; I think the movie is kinda creepy). Pleasant quiet evening.
I've been bumming around today. Too lazy to get ready. Need to stop by student accounts. Once again, they neglected to factor my assistantship into next semester's bill. When that happened this semester, we calculated how much I would owe minus the assistantship. They did the math incorrectly, which I didn't realize until they tried to tack on a late fee when the full amount (including what was covered by my assistantship) wasn't paid on time. Then they said it was my fault that it was late, and they acted like they were doing me a favor by removing the late fee when I complained about their mathematical error. When I go in today, I will record the name of the person with whom I speak when I ask them to calculate what I really owe. Sigh.
After I take care of that and other miscellaneous paperwork chores, I've gotta clean my apartment. Do laundry. Write Christmas cards. Pack for home. Make sure my concert dress is clean and not wrinkly. Apply concert makeup. Drive to concert. Sing pretty. Return here to sleep.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment