Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Two Days of Freedom

When I realized this break would be the shortest Christmas break I've had in college so far, I was disappointed. Surely the break would be longer so that I'd have more time to recover from my student-teaching experience before I had to become a regular college kid again for my final semester! Less than 2 weeks ... and yet, it's been everything I needed. I haven't left the house much but I've spent time with my family and with the few local friends with whom I've remained in contact ... I haven't accomplished all of the items on my To-Do list but I've definitely had time enough to relax, sleep, and become human again.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is a day for local errands (visit the dentist, raid my savings to pay this semester's tuition bill, stop by former summer employer to maintain contact) and I'll be leaving home on Thursday to return to MySchool in CoolCity. I've already got dinner plans for that night ... and I'll be spending Friday and Saturday under house arrest (aka RA holiday break duty ~ 48 hours of mandatory allowed-to-leave-my-room-only-to-get-2-meals-per-day time) ... Sunday = relinquish mandatory solitude duties, go to church, prepare for new semester. Monday = start of my final semester in my undergraduate career!

If my brain returns sometime in the next few days, I'll try to concoct another post. (I haven't written much over break, despite all of my free time, because my brain and fingers disconnected.) Currently, it's 3-4 hours past last semester's bedtime ... and I've got that early dentist appointment in 8 hours ... so ... buenas noches.

No comments: