Tonight is Opening Night! I'm singing in a large choir, comprised of singers from area universities and colleges, and we're going to be singing onstage with the local symphony orchestra this weekend! We have performances through Sunday!
In addition to that, I'll be working with one of the choirs from last semester's high school student-teaching placement. Their director had asked me last month if I'd be willing to conduct a community performance (this Saturday afternoon) in his absence. I had not known at the time that the performance would be outside. (I still would have said yes, but ... conducting a small a capella choir outside in temperatures of about 30 degrees- not ideal conditions for singing- is going to be an interesting experience.) I also have a professional development workshop on Saturday morning which I may or may not attend ...
My goals, in addition to the craziness listed above, include: finish revising my resume following the recommendations of my department chair, write my philosophy paper, create a podcast for my technology course, and pick out RA in-services to attend. RA in-services are "continuing education" for us ... they're designed to be helpful, but the only ones which fit in my schedule are "Meth Awareness Lab" (oh boy!) and "How to Get a Great Job or Internship" - which I attended last year, and it was a waste of my time. It was geared towards business majors, and the career services employee did not know how to answer my questions regarding the job search for education majors. Ah well!
Let's go on with the show!
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment