However, I need a certain amount of CHAOS to keep me SANE! I need distractions to concentrate. I enjoy my room when it's pristine and sparkling, but I do just as well when it's a disaster area.
I lose and forget things. Sometimes, I'll be talking with a person, I'll be distracted by something, and then I'll be unable to think of what I was talking about. I'll leave an item somewhere and later I'll have no idea what I did with it. Re-tracing my steps usually helps, but sometimes, I can't even recall what my steps were!
Yesterday, I lost my coat. I clearly remember wearing it into the choral rehearsal room and tucking it behind me in my seat. From there, I went to one of my professor's offices to discuss a conference I hope to attend this summer. After that, I was going to leave the music school, but I went straight to the lounge area and chatted with friends for nearly an hour.
I didn't leave myself very much time to head back to my residential building for RA duty, so I hurriedly said goodbye before heading over to my locker to retrieve my coat. Except my coat wasn't there because I remembered taking it off in the choir rehearsal. I must have forgotten to bring it with me after I took it off, I thought. So ... I jogged downstairs to the room. Another class was in there. I tried to walk inconspicuously along the side of the rows to peer down each row for my coat.
No coat.
I rushed back upstairs to my professor's office. The door was locked. No coat in the lounge. These were the only three places I visited since I'd last had the coat.
So I walked back to my residential building without a coat. The bone-chilling wind tried to eat me alive, but I made it safely inside.
This morning, I checked in with the building office which has a Lost & Found. No coat. I got my janitor friends to let me into the choral rehearsal room once again. No coat. Janitor friend also let me into professor's office. No coat.Today, I wore my thicker winter coat, which I lovingly refer to as my "marshmallow coat" because its poofiness makes me look like a pale blue marshmallow. I'm gonna ask tomorrow at choir rehearsal if anyone remembers seeing my thinner, less-marshmallowish coat ...
[Note: I've read about others "blogging the lost" and said items magically return ... *crosses fingers*]

No comments:
Post a Comment