Friday, February 15, 2008

End of the week update

Last time I attended this conference, I was pleased by the experience ... but at the same time, I felt disheartened. Observing and listening to the professionals around me, I felt inadequate. I thought to myself that I could never reach their level of excellence and that maybe I should no longer pursue this profession. I'd be doing my students a disservice because I wouldn't be able to offer them the kind of experiences that were being demonstrated at the conference.

This year, my outlook has been entirely different. I never thought 2 years ago that I'd be returning here as a graduate student in my field.

Instead of feeling discouraged, I feel quite encouraged ... and I feel as though I've been imbued with a new sense of direction for my path. I can't wait to return to campus and continue to develop my skills. What a privilege it is that I can do something that satisfies my soul!

No comments: