Sunday, February 03, 2008

Silly on a Sunday

When a handsome new student (not the Not-Crush of earlier entries, FYI) joined us this semester, I had been completely unaware that he was entering our program. When I met him for the first time, our eyes locked over the piano and we both instinctively smiled at one another. I felt a little spark but was determined to ignore it. (Unrelated, just after I wrote this sentence, my desk lamp SPARKED and went out. It startled me! How's that for strange coincidences?)

Anyway, circumstances required that we interact, and I found him to be very genuine and kind. There was even some playful teasing (which he started!) as I assisted him in a task. I acknowledged to myself that I was interested, but that I better not do anything about it.

Last week, in our class together, I furtively glanced over at him ... because he is handsome and because I suppose I couldn't help it. At the exact same time, he decided to glance over at me! Aack! I was so shocked at being caught that I couldn't even respond with the shy-girl-eye-flirt,* my signature move! I didn't dare look at him during the rest of our class together. Afterwards, he walked by me and we exchanged brief hellos as we dashed to our next obligations.

Imagine my delight this morning when I discovered that at some point last evening, he sent me a friend request using the ever-popular social networking site. Wonder if anything will happen beyond that?



*Shy-girl-eye-flirt= When caught glancing/checking out a guy, the shy girl glances down, smiles, glances back, and holds the gaze of the cute boy before looking down shyly again. It's a sweeter "come hither" approach, although if I'm feeling particularly saucy, I might playfully lift one eyebrow in a teasing "I'm still shy but I'm fun too" sort of way.

No comments: