Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update in the (almost) wee small hours of the morning

I'm nursing my TAB soda as I continue to work late into the evening. Ah, college. Eh. Anyway, tonight's pow-wow score analysis session with my partners-in-crime yielded some amusing comments:

On a bassoon motive in a Brahms symphony: “I’m telling you, he thought he was gonna be a rock star. I mean, you take this little motive and you can make a whole rock song out of it.”

“He can’t change keys! I’m finally figuring out where the E is in these clefs.”

“Do I bring out the bad side of you?”
“Theme and variations apparently brings out the bad side of me.”

“I hate you, Viola. Why do you have to be in clef of moron?”
(Maybe I should have taken offense at this, as it is actually in the ALTO clef, and I am quite proud of my voice part!)

No comments: