Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day!

1) A friend posted this link on his facebook page ... http://www.vajoe.com/candidate_calculator.html ... which I found fascinating. I'd already made up my mind about who I'm voting for, and awesomely enough, my candidate was a 78% match, higher than all of the other candidates. Take that, friends of mine, who tell me that I'm a closet-member-of-the-other-party!

2) I just stumbled across a blog owned by someone who lives in my home area. As in, I'd be surprised if this person didn't live within 30 miles of me! I could have sworn that the pictures on this blog were taken by a Panera restaurant 15 miles from my house. Cool, but also kinda jarring. In my home area, my family and I always joke that you can't leave the house without seeing someone you know. Maybe it's someone from church, someone either my siblings or I went to school with (or a family member of theirs), someone from other community events ... Always. To think that I read an entry by someone who lives so close to home was, well, different. I know I've written before that sometimes I forget that other bloggers are REAL people, just like I am. Reading little bits of their lives is like reading many wonderful books all at once. The surprising reality that the stories are their actual lives unfolding, as my own are ... maybe it shouldn't seem so strange to me, but it does.

No comments: