When I'm interested in a guy, I often try to run into him "by accident." I might notice that he hangs out in a certain area or that he normally arrives at a certain time ... and I conveniently end up being there ...
For the handsome guy who befriended me on that social networking site ... I don't know if this was intentional or if it was a lucky accident in my favor...
One of my duties is to supervise the lab here for a few hours per week. After I'd been here about half an hour, my newest friend on the 'book walked in. I tried to contain my eagerness and to maintain my composure as he sat down right next to me (despite there being plenty of open seats elsewhere). He opened up a document on Blackboard, and I (who had been checking my Bloglines moments before) had quickly opened up an email account right before he sat down. We started chatting, and I know I didn't hide my enthusiasm very well. I was all smiles and friendly (so was he!) ... and he stopped paying attention to whatever he was reading online. I forgot about the Beethoven piece sitting in my lap which I intended to analyze during my lab time. He had to leave (class perhaps?) after about 25 minutes. I hope I didn't keep him from studying for a quiz or from doing work that he really had to get done ... but at the same time, I don't know if he really intended to do work while in here ... :-)
Monday, February 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment