On Monday night, I had a floor program for my girls: Creating cards for Valentine's Day or Singles' Awareness Day! I made several cards ... partly because I enjoyed spending the time with my residents ... and partly because I was putting off writing a paper for one of my classes due the next day. I ended up making a card for the grad student from Bible Study (who also is part of the group that brings food to the homeless- see last entry). I shyly admitted to my girls that it's not that I have a crush on him ... but he is cute and a nice kid too ... so I figured, "Why not?"
Yesterday ~ three people showed up to my first class. The professor didn't show. The grad assistant told us to go home. Then we learned that MySchool classes were cancelled for the rest of the day, due to inclement weather. Yay!
Today ~ classes were cancelled for the ENTIRE DAY. Apparently this is only the third time in 20 years that a full day of classes were cancelled. Instead of doing work for tomorrow's classes (or other work due in the future), I played in the snow, watched a chick flick with some friends, and played DDR with my residents.
Oh, and the Valentine for that guy? Well ... my residents kept harassing me about it, saying, "You better give that to him," and making threats against my life if I didn't follow through. :-) I was debating on whether or not I really should give it to him. He might think I'm totally crazy ... or maybe that I must have a huge crush on him (which I don't) and it'll be awkward every time I see him now ... Then I thought some more. The worst that could happen is that he avoids me. The best that could happen? Maybe I'll actually have a date before I graduate in 3 months. Plus ... I'm only 21 once. Why not?
So ... last night (maybe around midnight?), I taped it to his door with a silly little message inside. Imagine my delight this afternoon when I discovered he had messaged me on Facebook at 2:30am, telling me it was "very thoughtful and the highlight of his evening" !!!!!!!!
~*~*~*~
I haven't forgotten about the cute guy from church ... I'm still harboring hope there too. I became hopelessly giddy (only on the inside; I controlled my outward reaction) after he came over and shook my hand for Passing of the Peace (eye contact, grin ... swoon) ... and when we shared a moment during Communion. (I was next in line to be served, he was serving ... but when I looked up at him, he told me he'd let the other person on our side take care of me while he served the people on the other side of the altar. Probably a good thing because I might not have focused on God as much while receiving Communion had he served me)
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment