Tuesday, February 06, 2007

a love letter

Dear Residents (on another floor),

I'm not sure which one of you came up with the brilliant idea to smoke an illegal substance in your floor's bathroom on Saturday night. Yes, I know it was cold outside. Maybe you were afraid that the wind and snow would prevent you from lighting up. Maybe the brain cells killed by the illegal substance contained your thinking and reasoning abilities. Perhaps you just didn't want to freeze your charming little hides off. Either way, I did not appreciate that your stupidity caused the smoke alarm to go off in the building, requiring the evacuation of over one thousand people. (Yes, I know that many people chose not to evacuate because of the cold, but that's another matter entirely!)

And ... this happened not only once but TWICE. If you did it just to see your favorite RA's smiling face at 2am and 4am in the morning, please note that I wasn't smiling. Don't let it happen again.

Love,
Estrella

P.S. I blame you for my sniffles and sore throat. Single-digit temperatures and lack of sleep don't work well for me.

No comments: