I love blank books. I've loved them ever since I was a little girl. There's something exciting about opening up a brand new book which is waiting to be filled! I wrote my diaries in these beloved blank books until I began my first "online journal" (I'd never heard of the word "blog" until several years after I had actually begun blogging, 2 host websites ago) ... A part of me has the secret desire to write down my blog entries into the remaining blank books I still have at home ... but now I've written several hundred entries over the years ... and that's just not looking like a real possibility anymore.
So ... back to extolling the excellent qualities of blank books ... I always get super-excited when I finally "finish" one ~ in diary form, a travel journal, or a prayer journal. The inspiration for this post? I finally filled out another prayer journal. I always get excited about finishing a prayer journal because I go through periods of being "really good" about maintaining it ... and long periods of "forgetting" to write in it. I began this particular journal almost a year and a half ago ... and it's both strange and amazing at the same time when I think about how much I've experienced since then.
So ... now I get to pick a blank book (I believe I have two with me here at school) for the next prayer journal ... and I need to go shopping within the next 3 weeks for another blank book to serve as my travel journal for Spring Break 2007: Italian Adventure!
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment