Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Shivering

Yesterday was the first day I'd ever experienced temperatures below freezing. Friends of mine who are currently student-teaching had the day off from school, but I was not so lucky. After bundling up in a long-sleeved dressy casual shirt, the "Winter White" Old Navy fleece I received for Christmas (which earned me several compliments), my huge periwinkle fluffy coat, a scarf, and gloves, I was good to go! Today, it's colder. Student-teaching friends still have no school. Alas, I was again unlucky. (I did enjoy my classes both days ... strong/interesting content/material and passionate/enthusiastic professors ... so ... I can't really complain.)


Other news in the life of Estrella:
*We had a special visitor on our residential floor last night ... a cockroach! We tried attacking the vermin with a vacuum but he got away. It caused quite a bit of commotion.

*There's going to be a lucrative job opening in my home area (about an hour away) for next school year. I intend to apply! :-)

*Still tweaking the resume ... and I have a meeting with the chair of my department tomorrow. Two reference letters are in, a third and fourth are on the way, and I still have two more people to ask for letters. Pretty soon I'll get to officially start my job search! Yay!

No comments: