I got tagged for a meme, but I'll be filling that out (and writing about the rest of my weekend) later because I just have to gush about the latest update with my CuteGuyFromChurch crush!
Normally, I walk to my church from MySchool. It's about a 20-minute walk in downtown CoolCity, and I enjoy getting the exercise. When the temperatures dropped earlier this month, a kind lady from my church started giving me a ride to the church so I wouldn't have to walk in the below-freezing temperatures. She was in a car accident last week (and is fine, but please pray for her anyway as she deals with the resulting stress and anxiety). So ... she was unable to give me a ride today. I walked to church in the light rain, and when another girl heard that, she offered to give me a ride back.
(After the choir rehearsed, I talked with one of the ladies in choir. Her husband is in seminary with CGFC and she had jokingly offered last Fall to set up CGFC with another girl in choir or me. Today, I asked her if she knew if CGFC was dating anyone, and she said she'd find that out for me and she'd also find out his age and she'd email me about it. :-)
Fast-forward to after the service. I was in the dining hall, enjoying a cookie when I spied CGFC. We ended up exiting the room around the same time, and I asked if he had seen the girl who had offered to give me a ride. She was on a special committee which decorates the church before the service and which takes down decorations afterwards. CGFC took me to where she was. As we were there, the lady (who's going to do me the favor) passed us as she was leaving the church and wished me happy and safe travels. I explained to CGFC that I'm going to Italy next week over Spring Break. He asked where in Italy I was going, and I told him. That launched a lovely conversation about what to do and see, as he had been to all three cities.
When we reached a bit of a lull in the conversation, I asked the girl who'd offered to give me a ride earlier if she would still be able to take me back to school. She had forgotten she'd offered, but she was still willing to give me a ride ... but I'd have to wait awhile longer before she was finished with de-decorating the sanctuary. She said, "Maybe CGFC could take you back?" He assured me he could, and after a few more moments, we were on our way. I wish the drive was not so short! We had a lovely conversation (about our families, my being an RA, and some more about Italy) ... and I do believe I'll remain on Cloud 9 for the rest of the day! :-)
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay for you! This is so much fun for me to read! :) I don't know if you were around when I wrote my undergrad crush story, but my friends and I actually called him "Cute boy from SC" (Sierra Club - he was environmental). :) You remind me of all the good parts of back then - I really do enjoy reading you so much and can't wait to hear about Italy and how things turn out with CGFC. I'm so pleased that things are going so well for you!
The story is from long ago - I had to find it myself. But it starts here. I still remember him fondly, actually. :)
Post a Comment