Another Friday night and I'm on duty again.
Next Friday, I'll be home ... my one weekend home this entire semester. I'm starting to feel guilty because I'll be home for less than 48 hours ... and I'm wondering if I ought to try to stay longer ... See, I'm driving home after my last class on Thursday (my mom's birthday) so the earliest I'll get home will be around 9pm. Friday night, my parents are taking me out with family friends to see a live performance of a performing group they enjoy. Saturday ... I was planning on staying home until early afternoon and then driving back to school (because I have to be back for church on Sunday) ... but then I found out that a major conference in my field will be held that weekend, an hour from home. This conference would be a great chance for me to network for possible job opportunities for next year. The student rate to attend the conference is only $10, and my younger brother is going to be in that area that weekend for a performing group he's in. I'm already going to miss the following two weeks at my church job because of my traveling over Spring Break. That would be 3 weeks in a row if I extended my stay at home an extra day (3 weeks of not seeing Cute Guy at Church, see last entry). But ... home ... and my only chance to be home in the next 3 months .... I'm just torn right now ...
I saw Bible Study guy tonight ... the one I gave a Valentine to ... :-) Actually, I saw him twice unexpectedly: once in the cafeteria at dinner (but I didn't say hello because I was too shy to go over) and then at an on-campus movie this evening. (I was allowed to go while I was on duty because it was in my building.) We chatted briefly before the movie began; he had come with a group of friends- all girls. Then they left halfway through the movie. I learned later they had gone to a musical event on campus (which I would have loved to attend had I not been on duty).
Not sure why my mind is focused on guys more than usual right now ... I haven't been able to focus on things that matter ... like schoolwork ... or planning for Spring Break in two weeks ... Shouldn't I be more excited about planning a trip to ITALY?! It's not like I have an overwhelming workload or anything ... it's just that my priorities and my time are just not being spent well ... I think a large part of the problem is that I spend too much time online. And ... not student-teaching has allowed me to be more social (i.e. amazing dinner and lots of GirlTime with BestFriend and FormerRoommate last night). The social stuff is not a negative thing. I'm certainly not going that in excess ... but I just need to not waste my own time as much with silly things ... and I ought to be more proactive in doing things on a good deadline ... and practicing ... and going to bed at a decent hour ... and actually waking up and getting ready when I intend to ... Maybe I should come up with some resolutions for myself in regards to all these things ... *will think about it*
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love crushes! And it sounds like you're picking very nice guys - yay for you!
As someone who often neglects the social aspect of life for no good reason, I think it's great that you're finding time to spend with friends and think about dating. I can't wait to hear how it goes! :)
Post a Comment