Compared with most of my peers, I'm also slow with technology. From birth until mid-elementary school, we listened to records in our house. Not cassette tapes (even though I'm a child of the mid-80's). I was hesitant to switch over to CDs from cassette tapes because my entire Mariah Carey album collection was on cassette tapes. (I own them all except for the most recent because I gave that to my sister; I'm not a fan of her newer material.) I didn't get a cell phone until my second semester in college. (I think my overnight stay in the airport before Thanskgiving break might have had something to do with it.) I still use that cell phone today, even though my friends make fun of the "old school" green screen.
This weekend, I finally opened the packaging and taught myself how to use the silly thing! This evening, I decided I would share some glimpses into my life: pictures of my room.
^^ This is the top of my dresser and desk. Note
the lovely Ireland map, the treasure map floor program announcement from Talk Like a Pirate Day back in September, the TV which cracked when it was dropped back during my move-in freshman year, and other various silly things (Italy for Dummies, and a Little Mermaid pen which BestFriend gave me for Valentine's Day)
the lovely Ireland map, the treasure map floor program announcement from Talk Like a Pirate Day back in September, the TV which cracked when it was dropped back during my move-in freshman year, and other various silly things (Italy for Dummies, and a Little Mermaid pen which BestFriend gave me for Valentine's Day)These were my grandmother's pillows. ^^^ Her entire apartment had been decorated in red, black, and white with butterflies and oriental designs. I asked my parents to bring the pillows to me when they cleared out her apartment last year. My mom made the cute fleece blanket. :-)
And below is the lovely bulletin board I made for this month. If you can't read it, it says, "A kindhearted woman gains respect. {Proverbs 11:16}" Sweet and not overly Valentine's Day-esque, so that the few single girls on my floor wouldn't feel overwhelmed by the holiday.


1 comment:
Yay for the digital camera! It should be wonderful to take on your trip. :)
Post a Comment