Friday, October 05, 2007

TGIF

So many things to celebrate!

*My cold is gone!

*The chamber group I started here at GradSchool had our first rehearsal yesterday! Students are excited ... and they love the music I chose! Yay!

*Conversation with CuteBrassPlayer yesterday (which he initiated!) ... *sigh* He is so cute ... and he seems like a real sweetheart too. (Hmm ... That just triggered a favorite memory from a few years back: Classmates and I were required to take a techniques class for teaching brass instruments. At some point while we were enrolled in the course, a friend told us that brass players are fantastic kissers. When we asked why they, out of all instrumentalists, were singled out for this honor, the response was, "Think about it. They're practicing a few hours a day, and their lips are getting a work out from forming their embouchure and producing the sound on their instrument. Their kissing muscles are more highly developed!" My friends and I were quite delighted by this news, since we were developing those skills- on our brass instruments, not in kissing as we were all single at the time- ourselves. Unfortunately, I do not know if this myth is true. Of the few guys I've kissed in my life, none has played a brass instrument.)

*One week till break! Break = road trip & seeing old friends! Sweet!

*Easy weekend! Yeah, there's homework to be done, laundry to be folded, a concert to be performed ... but ... lots of free time!

*Lovely weather! I can hardly believe how nice it is here. When I was here over the middle of the summer, it was CHILLY. Chilly enough that my cute outfits of t-shirts and capris were not warm enough for the outdoors! And now? I've been wearing skirts this week! Short sleeves! Dresses! Open-toed heels! And I was hot outdoors! This is fantastic!


And now I've just gotta go do something! Because there isn't much in this area, Green & Blue (my partners in crime here, aka the other GAs) and I are hopefully gonna hit up the grocery store and create a yummy dinner together.

No comments: