Back at school & work after a wonderful weekend. On Monday, I was treated to lunch by one of my former UGSchool professors in the fancy-schmancy cafe which is only for faculty, staff, and GAs. Sweet. She'd invited me to that afternoon's rehearsal, and she asked if I wanted to share some photos from my summer trip since the choir will be touring next month to places I visited a few months ago.
What made the day a little stranger is that two performing groups from GradSchool were on tour this weekend in CoolCity. It ended up working out that they were going to visit UGSchool for a masterclass the same afternoon that I'd be attending rehearsal to share photos. My two worlds merged! It was strange sitting with the kids I know now and observing the choir of which I used to be a member. I also felt proud that they could see firsthand where I come from. And now that they saw me interacting with my old friends at UGSchool (the same age as the singers from GradSchool), perhaps they'll see me more as a person and less as THE GA. :-)
Yesterday involved more driving ... Brother appreciated that I drove 2 hours to see him for 2 hours. (I bought him lunch and took him grocery shopping. He's now trying to encourage me to drive home this weekend when he'll be at home for his fall break.) I also managed to see another friend in the area (BestFriend's "best-friend-in-law") before driving back to GradSchool.
Busy, busy. Caught up with some friends via cell on the way back to school (big, easy-to-drive, empty roads) ... All in all, a wonderful whirlwind of a break!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment