Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Grrr

My professor unlocked a classroom for a few other graduate students and me and told us to complete an assignment there. As we were moments away from finishing the assignment, some students began entering the room because their class was to begin in a few minutes. The other graduate students and I continued with our assignment because we needed literally less than 1 minute to complete the task.

Then the professor for the class came in (30 seconds later) and chided us for being in his classroom when he had a class to teach. In front of his class of undergraduates. Even though we'd been directed by our professor to use that particular room. So we immediately stopped (which meant we were unable to complete our activity as assigned, even though we had only seconds remaining) and vacated the room.

I did NOT appreciate being reprimanded as though I were a small child, especially in front of students I also work with. I was dutifully following the orders of my superior. There are professional ways of dealing with inconveniences (as that's what we were to him), and those who are professionals ought to respond in an appropriate manner.

On another tangent, I'm so tired of being disrespected because I LOOK YOUNG! It shouldn't matter that I'm a GA who LOOKS like a high school student. I ought to be treated in the same professional, courteous manner that I treat others! It's not like I dress like a child either. I dress in a very professional, modest, and conservative way so that I look older than my age! Quit telling me I look too young or that you can hardly believe all that I've accomplished because I still look like a child! I don't act like a child, so quit treating me like one!!!

No comments: