Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall Break ... :-)

I'm in CoolCity right now, sitting in my friend's room in the building which was my home for 2 years.

I have loved my return visit to CoolCity this weekend. I've dined out with friends and professors ... I've been to the symphony (oh how I've missed that!) ... and I sang at my old church this morning.

CGFC was there ... and he read the sermon because the pastor had lost her voice. I didn't see him afterwards until we were both getting ready to leave. The choir director had asked if I wanted a ride home, which I'd accepted ... but ... then when I finally had the chance to talk to CGFC, the choir director was herding me away. I was so annoyed! Here I was, having a great conversation with CGFC (which he initiated) ... and ... I was being dragged away. Ugh. Oh well. I'm sure there are other boys out there who meet ALL of my standards. And maybe I'll be lucky enough to meet another one of them someday.

Plans for the rest of the long weekend include dinner & a movie with friends, a visit to where I student-taught last year, lunch with another former professor, observance of a rehearsal, bonding time with another old friend, and ... an extension of the road trip to visit Brother who's a few hours from me. I'm still excited but I'm also kinda tired already. Guess that's what happens when I don't get to sleep in at all ... and I'm running around, trying to see as many people as possible! :-)

No comments: