Yesterday, I saw an article announcing a meteor display, expected to peak around 5am this morning. When I told my partners in crime about this, they eagerly agreed to meet up with me at 4:45am to check out the stars.
When my alarm went off at 4:30, I jumped up, made some hot chocolate, removed the excess mascara that hadn't come off with the makeup remover last night but somehow managed to smear my face, and changed out of pajamas into real clothing.
Blue ended up driving, which was awesome because he has a convertible! We drove to GradSchool's campus, onto a secluded hill. Instead of getting out of the car and lying on the grass or standing and looking up at the stars, Blue simply put the top down! The classical music from his radio was our soundtrack as we gazed at the heavens.
Orion is pretty much the only constellation I remember from elementary school trips to the planetarium, but I've been able to pick out one of the Dippers rather consistently as of late. Blue pointed out what he thought was Venus ... and ... we happily nestled deeper into our seats, trying to stay warm as we watched for shooting stars. After about half an hour of exclaiming over the streaks of light, we decided to head back to the apartment. We all wanted to catch a nap before getting up for church a few hours later.
As we pulled into the parking lot, Blue asked if we wanted to go to breakfast.
"What's open?" He asked. It was 5:35am.
"Umm ... just that one little 24/7 cafe down the street. And the giant discount store." I replied.
"Do you guys want to go to CozyComfyRestaurant?" He asked. CCR is one of my favorites, probably because I remember going to it with my grandparents. That, and they do have a yummy breakfast menu. The nearest location was 30 miles away. We got there at 6:15am. Alas, it wasn't set to open for another 45 minutes. We drove around the town for a little while, and then we laughed over Halloween-themed greeting cards at a large 24/7 grocery store. Back to CCR where we enjoyed a hearty breakfast. We arrived back at the apartments in just enough time for me to quickly get ready for church before I had to leave. (Lucky boys had more time before they had to leave for church so they probably got to sleep for an hour or so.) Fun adventures!!!
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment