Monday, April 30, 2007

Warm outside and inside

One final and one paper down. Huge project and two finals left. Last week of undergrad!

My final exam this morning was for my foreign language course; this class was my first and ONLY elective in my entire four years here at MySchool. My major requires us to take 18 credits -no electives- every semester except for when we student-teach. Thanks to AP credits and a lenient Honors College chair, I actually had some free space in my schedule this semester! Because I'm paying my money's worth, I was going to take all the credits my full-time tuition allowed ... and I'd wanted to take a language ever since I came here. I had hoped to start studying a new language, but alas, none of them fit into my schedule. So ... I took this particular language again, as a refresher course.

Anyway, my professor for this class is a very sweet woman. She may be a little scatter-brained (as I certainly am!), but she genuinely cares about her students. When I came in today, she asked if I was graduating. I nodded. She said, "Oh, you should have told me!" (I guess I figured she knew.) Then she handed me my final and I sat down to take the exam.

While I was working on the exam, she slipped me a note. On it she had written a very inspirational Scripture verse (she knows I am a believer, as she is), best wishes for my future (as a musician and an educator) and she wrote about how it had been a pleasure to have me in class!

Wow.

I've written these notes for my teachers and professors, but I've never received such a note from one of them!

Unfortunately, this professor does not have an office or mailbox on campus, and I'm afraid that she might not receive a handwritten note if I were to send one. So ... I'll respond with email.

Still ~ that totally made my day! What a sweet and thoughtful gesture! :-)

1 comment:

The Contessa said...

What a lovely gesture - hold on to the note. It's going to mean a lot in the future.

Maplemama and I have notes from our near blind twice retired and still conducting director. He used to type because his writing was so attrocious, the bad news was that his typing wasn't a lot better..... What's going OJ ? was code for What's going ON!

Enjoy your last weeks!!!!