I didn't realize how many people I'd told about my CGFC crush! If he went to MySchool, I would have been much more quiet about it ... but because no one at MySchool knows him, I gushed to more people. Oops. :-) The plus side was that I had more people who cheered for me when I shared that I'd asked him out on Sunday! (P.S. Thank you to the two readers of this blog for your encouragement!!!)
So I talked with A, one of my guy friends, on Monday night because we frequently update each other on our love lives. (It took him awhile to muster up the courage to ask out the girl he liked earlier this semester because he was so intimidated by her ... but alas, they broke it off a few weeks ago.) I said to A,
"You know, I didn't really give him a gentleman's way out ~ to say no, I mean."
"Don't you try to do that! You're trying to minimize this! He would have said no if he weren't interested."
"A, how can you know that? He's a gentleman ~ and he wouldn't have said no. He knew he had to help me save face and protect my feelings, and I didn't say anything like, 'unless you have a girlfriend or you're not interested' when I asked him, so he didn't have any other choice!"
"Estrella, listen to me. He would have found a way to say no if he weren't interested. Trust me, he's interested."
Then we proceeded to talk. A is very much a metrosexual ~ that is, he's very cultured, well-groomed, and knowledgeable. I asked his opinion about what I should wear and places to eat that I might suggest to CGFC. He gave me excellent feedback. :-)
~*~*~*~
The next day at dinner, BestFriend walked me through possible scenarios about getting the bill at the meal. She had me practice covertly reaching for the bill (a napkin) in the middle of conversation, and when he insisted on paying (as she assured me that a true gentleman would), I was to protest lightly ("But I asked you"), but not protest any further if he insisted on paying for his meal or for both of us. (I'm laughing to myself as I write this because I can't believe I'm sharing this! It was silly enough "practicing" in MySchool's cafeteria!)
~*~*~*~
Last night, another of my guy friends and I talked about this situation. Like A, he assured me that CGFC is interested at some level. Otherwise, this friend said, "He would have told you he wasn't looking for a relationship" or something like that. He asked me how I asked out CGFC, and I shared with him exactly what I wrote in here a few days ago. While I was talking, I was playing with one of my scarves from Italy, twisting it and wrapping it around my hands, fidgeting as I relived the nerves from Sunday in my retelling of the story. He laughed at me, and said that CGFC would never be able to resist me if he were to see me acting so adorably. :-)
~*~*~*~
And now that I've gotten all of this silliness and giddiness out of my system by sharing it with friends and by blogging about it, I'm hopeful that I will be my completely normal and sweet self this evening when I see CGFC! Unfortunately, the temperature dropped by HALF this week and it's now quite cold outside ... so I can't wear a cute (modest & conservative, of course) skirt as I had hoped. Hmm ... it IS cold enough that I could wear that scarf. :-)
Thursday, April 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment