Good news: CGFC just called me! (He thanked me for the voicemail I'd left him on Sunday, wishing him a happy Easter, and explained he hadn't gotten it until yesterday.)
I must have sounded a little jumpy at first, and he asked if he'd been interrupting something. "No," I explained, "I was just working on some homework and was startled by the unexpected phone call!" I shared later in the conversation more about the homework assignment (composing a brass fanfare) and he jokingly said something about avoiding "parallel fifths and octaves." "Good job!" I'd replied, laughing,"You remember your music theory!"
Not-as-good news: He has to reschedule our lunch date! He realized he'd still be out-of-town.
Good news: He reassured me that he wasn't "trying to run away." (I laughed, although I was definitely feeling a little relieved that he shared that!) He said he has a lot on his plate at the moment. I sympathized, "Yes, the next three weeks are very crazy for me." (Same for him.) And I told him, "You know, I don't want to be a stress factor for you," but he again expressed interest in meeting with me.
Not-as-good news: He's not available any time before he leaves town, so we'll have to reschedule for later.
Not-as-good news: (I haven't shared this with him yet) I'm going to be CRAZY next week because I have RA duty Monday and Tuesday nights, and then I'm leaving for a conference on Wednesday and won't be back until some as of yet undetermined time on Saturday, following BestFriend's bridal shower in another state!
Good news: Since he had a class at that moment, he said he'd call tomorrow so we can figure out another time to get together. Yay ~ another phone call! I really hope we're able to determine a mutually good time to hang out.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's hurting me that this is so difficult for both of you to find time! It's completely understandable and he sounds lovely - I very much hope you get to spend some time together.
Post a Comment