I just spent about 20 minutes on the phone with him. *sigh*
There simply aren't words to convey the contentment I'm feeling right now. It's not elation or ecstaticism ... it's a gentle peace. (I could write about the calming effect of his mellifluous voice or the careful and considerate way in which he quietly chooses his words ... but it'd be impossible to describe beyond what I've just written.)
He asked about where I was in school ... and I talked about the job search. I asked him about his schooling ~ and he talked a little about his undergraduate education as well as his plans for the school he's currently attending. Apparently, even though he still has 7 classes remaining, he's just accepted a job in a state which is one state south of the most southern state I was considering to apply for jobs in.
And then he asked about having lunch together after church next Sunday (following Easter Sunday). So that's the plan. It doesn't seem likely that anything will actually come of this, because I'm not sure how much longer he'll be up in this area. I'm just grateful that God gave me the courage to start this dialogue ... and I've given it up to Him, knowing that if GCFC is part of His plan for me, He'll make it work. And if not, at least He will have given me the pleasure of having gotten to know CGFC ... which has shown me that my list of standards (what I look for in a guy, a list I've kept for many years now) is not impossible; there are men who meet those standards.
Dining on campus closes in about 15 minutes, so I'm going to go grab some food before I start filling out job applications and doing homework. And I do feel a bit more motivated to complete my work now... :-)
Friday, April 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so, so, so glad you're feeling good about the situation! It's important - sharing the experience with friends, being silly and giddy and taking risks to get to know someone a bit better. But to find someone who makes you feel peaceful and wonderful is very special. I'm really pleased for you!
Post a Comment