I woke up this morning because my heart was pounding and my mind was racing after the frightening dream I had. Picture the famous running with the bulls in Spain ... and now, instead of bulls, imagine big yellow school buses. I wish I were kidding.
I was hanging out with some friends after a concert by my favorite artist, and we were about to cross a busy roadway. Westley came up with the idea to throw our belongings across to the other side and then swing over using a vine suspended above the roadway, a la Tarzan.
As we were about to cross, two school buses in the two rightmost lanes saw us and stopped. When the drivers made eye contact with us, it seemed as though they were stopping for us. We waved graciously and began to cross.
Then without any warning, as we were between lanes, they took off and we were now caught in busy traffic. For some reason, we decided to try to run next to the buses, pounding on the windows, in the hopes that they might see us and stop again so we could get to the other side.
At one point I was holding onto the bus as I ran, and I lost my grip. I fell face forward and thought I was a goner. The friend running behind me helped me up and we began running once more.
Somehow we all made it safely to some sort of cafeteria setting where there were long white cafeteria tables set up with arts and crafts. Apparently we were expecting children to arrive soon, and we were expected to help supervise the children. The people sitting at the ends of the tables, also helping, were the bus drivers.
Someone asked me, "Estrella, will you help out at this table?" I looked at the adult assistant at the end of the table.
"She tried to run me over!" I cried out when I recognized her face. She was the driver of the bus I had held onto while running before I fell. There was a hushed uneasiness in the room after that protest. They were all wondering if I was going to make a scene. I hadn't been run over, so it really wasn't an issue that we'd all been fearing for our lives moments earlier.
Looking around, I felt the unspoken pressure to simply go along with everyone else.
"Whatever. It's no big deal," I said as calmly as I could manage as I took a seat on the long white cafeteria table bench. My blood was still boiling, and my thoughts took over: Hey, what happened to that ledge where all my stuff is? How are we gonna get back there? And that's when I woke up- just before 7am. *sigh*
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment