Friday, July 25, 2008

My official five year reunion will be held at a pub

Hmm.

I had expected a classier venue, envisioning that I'd find a lovely dress, perhaps treat myself to some minimal pampering, and dance to pleasant music with Westley. Almost like a cheaper but more sophisticated version of prom.

Instead, I'll have to consider which of my dresses I like the least so that I won't mind it smelling like smoke even after I've laundered it. Ugh.

Guess that's what I get when I live in an area where traffic slows to barely-faster-than-walking-pace as cars prepare to pass the tractor who decides to ride on the road. (This happened to me yesterday. Seriously.) All I can say is- it's a good thing I've discovered in the past few months that there are indeed beers I enjoy (even though I much prefer wine). Just gotta laugh, I suppose.

No comments: